- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa (for instructions on how to cook quinoa, see here, I skipped the toasting step and just used water for this recipe)
- 1 medium carrot- shredded
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1.5 cups broccoli florets- chopped finely
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- sea salt and fresh pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 large egg
- coconut oil for sauteeing and frying
In medium pan, melt a bit of coconut oil and begin sauteeing onion, as it cooks add in carrot, broccoli and seasonings. Sautee for a few minutes, until vegetables are tender.
Put the quinoa in a medium bowl then add the egg and yeast flakes - mix. Then add remaining cooked ingredients and mix again. You will find hand mixing is best for this. Form into patties and return to the pan (adding more oil if necessary) and cook several minutes on each side, until brown and cooked through.